|About the museum:
Bjelovar Municipal Museum, founded in 1949 as the District Museum, is housed in the two-storey, classicist building of the city council chamber, 19th century, in the centre of the historical core of the city. The museum obtained its current name in 1954. In conjunction with the six departments within which the museum collections and documentation holdings are kept, the museum also has a restoration workshop and a photographic studio. There are three gallery spaces in the museum for occasional exhibitions of works of artists from home and abroad , as well as major original exhibitions of archaeological, historical, cultural-history, ethnographic and artistic themes. There is the Nasta Rojc Gallery, the Small Gallery and the Corridor [Koridor] Gallery. The Izlog [Display] Gallery is meant for occasional, small and ad hoc exhibitions. Works of prominent Croatian painters born in Bjelovar or other parts of the Bjelovarsko-bilogorska County are shown in the galleries of the museum: of Nasta Rojc, Edo Murtić, Ivo Friščić, Vojin Bakić, Minja Bosanac, Zlatan Vrkljan and others, as well as those of other contemporary Croatian and foreign artists. The museum deals with publishing (catalogues of exhibitions, guides to the collections, publications with topics from the past of the city of Bjelovar and the Bjelovarsko-bilogorska County). In 2006 the repair and reconstruction of the building was started and thus until the end of these works the museum will not have a permanent display. A lapidarium can be visited in the atrium of the museum, and musical and theatrical performances and various kinds of promotional activities and launches are seen on the stage.