|About the museum:
The Čazma Municipal Museum was founded by the Association of Museum Friends in 1958. The first actual exhibition had been displayed in December 1957. The manor of the Krajina captain built in the second half of the 18th century was selected as quarters for the museum. The Museum Friends worked on a voluntary basis, but it managed to collected a large number of units of museum material, most of all those that were related to the People’s Liberation War and the post-war period. At the beginning of the 1970s, thanks to an ethnologist, the ethnographic collection was systematically enlarged. From 1980 the emphasis was placed on archaeological research and surveillance, which led to the collection of a large quantity of archaeological material. The space in which the museum operates is a historical building that needed repairs, and during the year 2007 the material was moved from the museum and placed in the depot of another building. Preparations are underway for a start on repair works to the building, which is itself a cultural monument. Outside the building of the museum is a gallery space with a permanent exhibition of the works of painters Anton Cetin and Aleksandar Marks. In the Aleksandar Marks Gallery occasional exhibitions of professionally trained painters are hold. In the space of the building on the Trg Čazmanskog kaptol 13 there are historical and documentary exhibitions with copies and photographs of the original material (there is no chance of any surveillance of the premises). Here too elements of stone architectural sculpting from the Church of St Mary Magdalene are kept.