|About the museum:
The Gallery of Fine Arts, Osijek, was created in 1954 by the fine arts section being hived off from the Museum of Slavonia. Since its foundation, it has been housed in various sites, but in 1962 it obtained the space of a private neo-Renaissance palace, the renovation of which was designed by Josip Vancaš in 1986. It is still in these quarters. The holdings of the gallery are divided into several collections, consisting of paintings, drawings, prints, sculptures and medals of the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries. Part of its tradition is the organisation of the Slavonia Biennial, the Triennial of Small Scale Sculpture and Medal Making and Graphic Days. It can be particularly distinguished from other museums and galleries by the rich holdings of 18th and 19th century paintings, which derive from the palaces of Slavonia and the bourgeois houses of Osijek, and paintings of the first half of the 20th century.