|About the museum:
Sisak Municipal Museum was founded in May 1, 1951, the day taken as the date of the opening of the first museum in Sisak. Also in Sisak, in 1957, the Museum and Archive of the People’s Revolution for the Sisak, Petrinja, Glina, Kostajnica and Dvor region was opened, and both institutions were now vigorously collecting and studying materials. But a ruling of the Sisak municipal assembly of December 15, 1964, merged the two institutions into a single museum institution – Sisak Museum. This has been an integrated institution since January 1, 1965, and its museum activity covers the municipalities of Sisak, Petrinja, Glina, Kostajnica and Dvor. A new set of statutes and regulations concerning the internal structure and work of the museum in 1995 led to its being renamed again, now to be the Sisak Municipal Museum, also laying down its area of activity. Today this is a general museum, which carries out museum activities on and for the area of the city of Sisak.