|About the museum:
The Coppersmith's Collection is a part of the Mići zavičajni muzeji (Small Local History museums) project, which is run by the Kastav Summer Festival. The project aims to heighten cultural awareness and revitalise the traditional crafts that made Kastav famous in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The importance of crafts in Kastav is evidenced by the opening of the Delavska škola (Crafts School) in 1885, only two years after the first crafts school had been opened in Zagreb. Small museum collections dedicated to different crafts have been set up throughout the town, offering visitors authentic experiences rooted in a specific cultural tradition.
The Coppersmith’s Collection was opened in Kastav in 2007. It is located in a former coppersmith’s workshop and exhibits coppersmith's tools, equipment and products.