|About the museum:
The beginnings of the Sveti Ivan Zelina Museum can be traced back to 1977 when the local history collection was set up, which in 1988 became the Local History Museum, today under its present name. The museum is in the centre of the town of Sveti Ivan Zeline, in a building designed in 1951 by the well-known Croatian architect Stjepan Planić. Originally it was meant for the Cooperative Centre, but afterwards it housed and a school and subsequently the plant of the Zelinka textile firm. The museum contains items from prehistory onwards, and since it has no permanent display, the objects are shown in ad hoc exhibitions. It has about 14,000 objects classified into 16 collections. Particularly interesting collections are the historical documents collection (with documents from the 14th to the 19th century), the archaeological collection, with finds from the Stone Age to the Middle Ages, all collected at archaeological excavations in the area of the town, the numismatic collection, with coins from Antiquity to the present day, and the ethnographic collection, in which there are objects from the daily lives of the population of Sveti Ivan Zelina and environs from the end of the 19th and the early 20th century.