|About the museum:
The Academy of Sciences and Arts Strossmayer Gallery of Old Masters was opened on November 9, 1884, with the presentation of 256 works from the Bishop J. J. Strossmayer Donation. Later donations increased the holdings considerably. The gallery today possesses works of distinguished names of the history of world art, including Fra Angelico, Giovanni Bellini, Vittore Carpaccio, Andrija Medulić, Jacopo Palma the Younger, Federico Benković, El Greco, the artist of the painting Virgo inter Virgines, Joachim Patinir, Jan Wellens de Cock, Jacob van Ruisdael, Jean Antoine Gros.... In the nine rooms of the permanent display of the Strossmayer Gallery, European painting schools from the 14th to 19th century are presented.