|About the museum:
Trogir City Museum is located in the palace that once belonged to the Garagnin family (Garagnin-Fanfogna from 1840) and that consists of several parts or houses linked by an inner courtyard. The older part, which houses the permanent display, faces onto the main street; during the centuries it has undergone several modifications and bears stylistic features from Romanesque to Baroque. On the first floor is the cultural history department, with material from Antiquity to the 20th century, in which the development of the city is shown, history and art and ethnographic material. On its own is the room dedicated to the sculptor Duknović. An 18th century house built by Ignacije Macanović goes on from this part. It houses the Garagnin-Fanfogna Library and office spaces. In the courtyard is the one-time outbuilding, today a lapidarium and the Cata Dujšin-Ribar Gallery. In the same part is a small Romanesque two-storey building in which there are offices, and there is one more in the shape of a tower. The historical development of the city is shown in chronological order with material remains, documents, books, paintings, stone fragments. The material collected has been gifted or purchased, mainly from the collection, archives and library of the Garagnin-Fanfognas and from the Slade-Šilović collection.