|About the museum:
Turopolje Museum is located in the building of the former seat of the noble commune of Turopolje, the Turopolje Burg as it was called, in which the Turopolje župan had his court. This is a building of the Baroque, put up in 1750 on the site of a demolished predecessor. The museum was founded in 1960. The holdings of Turopolje Museum included about 3,500 objects, divided into four collections: of ethnography, archaeology, culture history and fine arts. This is a museum of the local history type, and concerns itself with the cultural heritage of Turopolje, the Kupa and Sava river valleys, the Vukomerice Hills. The photographic archives hold about 10,000 photographs, negatives and slides, while the specialised museum library has 700 titles. The permanent display of Turopolje Museum covers the whole of the first floor of the building, and consists of about 350 exhibits from all of the collections mentioned above. In the ground floor are an exhibition room for occasional exhibitions, and some of the museum store rooms for the keeping of objects of the holdings.